Department of Applied Chemistry
Department of Applied Chemistry Website
The Department of Applied Chemistry was founded in 1911. In 1957, the Department of Synthetic Chemistry was established. The Department of Chemical Science and Technology was created in 1991 by combining the two departments. The Department of Chemical Science and Technology is a direct predecessor of the present Department of Applied Chemistry. In each research lab of the Department of Applied Chemistry, we are focusing on "technology-aware" chemistry. In other words, we are focusing our attention on a form of chemistry that has an impact on the world, helps humanity to prosper, serves to protect the environment, and is applicable to the study of life. While we are engaged in basic research in support of the chemical industry, which makes up an important part of the industrial base, we are also carrying out research related to practical development efforts. The department operates at a world-class scientific level, and is well-known internationally for its role as one of the most advanced research hubs in the world for chemistry. The department works with domestic companies, universities and research institutions, and is also engaged in a wealth of collaborative international efforts.
- Applied Inorganic Chemistry: Professor Hojo Lab.
- Organic Functional Molecular Chemistry: Professor Furuta Lab.
- Functional Systems Chemistry: Professor Tanaka Lab.
- Applied Analytical Chemistry: Professor Imasaka Lab.
- Chemical Environment Engineering: Professor Imato Lab.
- Advanced Nanomaterials Chemistry: Professor Nakashima Lab.
- Biochemical Engineering: Professor Goto Lab.
- Synthetic Enzyme Chemistry: Professor Hisaeda Lab.
- Green Chemistry: Professor Ogo Lab.
- Chemistry for Molecular Systems: Professor Kimizuka Lab.
- Functional Materials Engineering: Professor Ishihara Lab.
- Applied Photochemistry: Professor Yamada Lab.
- Biomedical and Biomaterial Chemistry: Professor Katayama Lab.
- Professor Kidoaki Lab, Professor Takahara Lab, Professor Yoshizawa Lab
(Institute for Materials Chemistry and Engineering)
- Professor Adachi Lab, Professor Kamiya Lab (Center for Future Chemistry)