Department of Advanced Information Technology, Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering
Department of Advanced Information Technology, Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Engineering
ICT (Information Communication Technologies) are more required in our lives. We are developing technologies in three directions to tackle the problems in our daily lives and in social lives.
- Fundamental technologies: We are developing low cost sensing technologies such as acoustic vehicle sensing system for better understanding of the world around us. We are also working on wireless communication technologies to collect sensing data from small IoT devices.
- Software development technologies: Embedded systems including small sensors and automobiles have no output devices, which put difficulties in software development, especially on debugging. We are developing DSLs (domain specific languages) that drastically reduce development costs. We are also developing DSLs that give us rich information such as power consumption for better software development.
- Reverse Innovation: ICT became the core component to serve social services (healthcare, education, business) in developing countries. We are developing social needs-based solutions that can directly serve the society e.g. remote healthcare system to reduce healthcare cost, new car sharing model that can increase social impact. We examine our concept in developing countries and plan to use the same technology in developed countries as well.
Prof. Akira Fukuda
Assoc.Prof. Kenji Hisazumi
Assoc.Prof. Ashir Ahmed
Asst.Prof. Shigemi Ishida
The Main Research Topics
- Sustainable Information Platform for Smart Mobility
- Model-Driven Development Methodology
- Indoor Localization using Cross-Technology Communication
- ICT for Social Innovation