Kansei Nano-Biosensor Research
Department of Electronics, Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Engineering
Kansei Nano-Biosensor Research Laboratory developed Taste Sensor for the first time in the world. The Laboratory is headed by Professor Kiyoshi Toko, who is also in charge of Research and Development Center for Taste and Odor Sensing, and covers the following researches:
- Hyper functionalization of taste sensor developed by bio and electronics unified science technologies.
- Development of the odor sensor with ultra-high sensitivity which is more sensitive than a nose of a dog which detects explosives and fragrances by means of antigen-antibody interactions.
- Development of biosensor which targets low molecular weight substances in biofluids such as blood, urine, sweat, saliva, etc.
- Development of oxygen sensor, gas sensor and photo rechargeable battery by using multilayer substances such as mica and graphite.
Furthermore, the laboratory is doing research to expand the technologies to multilateral applications.
Prof. Kiyoshi Toko
Assoc.Prof. Hisao Kuriyaki
Assoc.Prof. Takeshi Onodera
Assoc.Prof. Yusuke Tahara
Assoc.Prof. Rui Yatabe
Asst.Prof. Masatoshi Kozaki
The Main Research Topics
- Taste sensor
- Ultrasensitive odor sensor
- Development of new devices