RFIC & Microwave Communication Device
Department of Electronics, Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Engineering
In this laboratory, we are now focusing our researches on the following areas:
- High speed, high linearity and low noise system LSI components for wireless communications systems.
- Wideband RF front-end components for ultra-wideband (UWB) applications.
- Digital Radio or Digital RF Processor and its system components i.e. Digitally assisted RF/Analog circuits such as ADPLL (All-digital phase locked loop), DCO (digitally-controlled oscillators), sampling mixers, digital controlled PA and LNA etc. for Software defined radio or other reconfigurable applications.
- Electrically small antennas for narrow band and UWB applications.
- Interconnection and packaging technology of a chip to an antenna to reduce parasitic components.
- RF micro energy harvesting circuit for medical application
Prof. Haruichi Kanaya
The Main Research Topics
- One-sided directional antenna and phased array antenna
- Radio wireless energy harvesting circuit
- RF CMOS frontend
- Terahertz antenna on chip